My mission is to support talented people so they become more powerful in their jobs and career transitions. My work has deep meaning for me because I love to see my clients transition from where they don’t want to be to where they love to be.
For over 20 years I have been training, coaching, or consulting over 1,000 executives, managers and professionals in every function in businesses. Here you can see my Client Testimonials.
In my most recent high tech corporate career I held Director level business transformation positions at VMware, Cisco System and Amazon Lab126.
Earlier in my career I moved through this career progression - system design engineer, customer field engineer. program manager, unit manager, leadership development manager, management consultant. I have led or was a key team member on many large scale initiatives focused on improving performance in marketing, engineering, sales, HR, business operations, customer support and supply chain organizations.
My design engineering and customer engineering background and my work in or consulting to over 100 technical organizations makes me adept at coaching executives and managers in R&D, Product Development, Engineering, Product Management and IT organizations.
I have an MBA from the University of Texas - Dallas and a BS Electrical Engineering degree from the University of Buffalo. I and am a Certified Management Coach with IMC and a Certified Leadership Coach with PDI, CWG and NTL.
- Led a forecasting improvement and inventory reduction initiative that resulted in a 50% reduction in inventory costs and 200% improvement in inventory turnover while overcoming competing agendas and gaps in sponsorship.
- Enabled a profitable entry into a new consumer market by facilitating a product cost reduction effort that reduced product costs 20% by innovating new approaches in the Singapore manufacturing facility and U.S. design centers.
- Identified productivity improvement opportunities in an 80 person start up that led to increasing productivity 15% within 60 days and improved achievement of key project milestones.
- Addressed chronic company problem of product release slips and lost customers by leading the design and implementation of product development disciplines and a product life cycle process that greatly increased development productivity and predictability.
- Avoided the cancellation of a critical world-wide sales conference by convincing the VP Sales to conduct a virtual conference instead using a web based conferencing tool. Saved $1.2M in travel and living expenses and increased participation of sales staff and eliminated lost travel time.
- Dealt with a critical talent gap in an intense talent war environment by leading a director level team to re-design the company's staffing process which reduced hiring time by 30%, eliminated non-value-add approvals (from nine to three) and made it crystal clear who was responsible to do what, by when.
- Taught graduate & undergraduate customer service and performance management courses at Johns Hopkins University
- Taught quality and leadership courses at UC-Santa Cruz Extension and George Washington University
- Quality Examiner, California Quality Award
- Commissioner - City of Sunnyvale, CA